Banjo-Rama Side Trip Gold Country by Rail
- Ride the El Dorado Western Railway in authentic maintenance cars
- Walk through the historic town of El Dorado
- Enjoy a l ight meal on the way back to the Clarion
- All for only $38
Proceeds from this ride, over expenses, will be split between the Banjo-Rama and the historic El Dorado Western Railway restoration.
The Gold Rush brought both banjos and railroads to California. So, in that spirit, this Gold Country Rail tour is offered to Banjo-Rama participants on Thursday, April 11, 2013, from 1:00 to 7:00 pm. There will be more to see than on current regular rides. The fare will include:
- Chartered van, leaving the Clarion Hotel at 1:00 pm and returning around 7:00 pm.
- Ten mile round trip ride over the El Dorado Western Railway in authentic maintenance cars, chartered for our group. To view some videos of what it’s like to ride the maintenance cars, go to video.search.yahoo.com and search for “Placerville Branch – Train Rides on the El Dorado Western” (or just click on the link here). We will be seeing the track as the railroad workers did. This will be a bit of an adventure.
- Time to walk through the historic town of El Dorado (near Placerville), view some full size rail cars undergoing restoration, hear of plans for future regular train service, and/or join a jam session in the newly restored El Dorado train station.
- Light meal on the way back to the Clarion.
The price will be $38. We are limited to 20 participants, so please sign up soon. Proceeds from this ride, over expenses, will be split between the Banjo-Rama and the historic El Dorado Western Railway restoration.
For information or reservations
, please call Jim Matthews at (916) 849-2976.